Whether you have pets or not, fleas can become a terrible nuisance on your property. At Mosquito Hunters™, we are here to provide expert flea control for Annapolis area homes and businesses.
What You Need to Know About Fleas
In recent years, flea issues have once again been on the rise. These pests are carried around on rodents, birds, and other feral animals. They have the ability to jump up to 150x their body length and love to feed on mammal blood. Additionally, they carry tapeworms and are known to cause anemia in cats and dogs. Fleas are a huge nuisance for humans, too, with itchy bites that can quickly cover your lower legs and cause all kinds of discomfort.
About Our Flea Control Service in Annapolis
There are several critical aspects of successful flea control. Since these pests are transferred by other animals, we take steps to reduce the possibility of mice, deer, and other creatures entering your yard. To target existing flea populations, we use our powerful barrier treatments that bond our solution with the vegetation in your yard. This will help us reduce current fleas while preventing future breeding, which is critical.
Only 5% of fleas exist in their mature state. The other 95% are made up of larvae, pupae and eggs, so you can imagine how important it is to stop the reproduction cycle. We offer proven solutions for limiting their ability to breed and preventing serious infestations on your property. With recurring service, we can provide expert inspections and reapply barrier treatments to secure guaranteed protection from these pests.
How You Can Help Control Fleas
While our service is the most effective way to prevent flea issues around your home or business, there are many ways you can supplement our work and help neutralize these pests. Most importantly, you should always keep your lawn clear of any type of debris, as this is the environment that attracts mice. You can also make sure to never over-water your yard, as fleas thrive in excessively moist environments.
If you have pets, it’s always a good idea to consult with your vet and keep up with all recommended flea prevention protocols.
Get Started with Flea Control Today
Mosquito Hunters delivers professional flea control to protect homes and businesses in Annapolis, Crofton, Arnold, Edgewater, Bowie, Odenton, Anne Arundel County, and throughout the surrounding areas. To learn more, contact us today.