Along with being a pain, flea infestations can be dangerous. These harmful insects can feed on your blood and your pets’ blood, which is why keeping them at bay is essential. However, because of how invasive fleas can be, it takes a comprehensive approach to fight them off and keep them out. Below, we’ll walk you through a few essential flea control tips that we feel are important for Lancaster, NY, homeowners to know.
Essential Tips for Fighting Fleas
Indoor Flea Fighting Tips
- Vacuum Often – Fleas are tiny, and they have no problem taking up residence in your furniture, carpet, or other textiles. Vacuuming frequently can help you fight these pests and prevent them from spreading in your home’s indoor spaces.
- Groom Your Pets – It’s not uncommon for fleas to hitch a ride on your pets into your home. Dogs and cats are often targeted by fleas, which is why regularly bathing your pets is an important part of the flea control and prevention process.
- Wash Your Pets’ Bedding – If fleas have shown up on your pets, it’s likely that they’re also in your pets’ bedding. Washing your furry friends’ bedding often can help you fend off these insects.
Outdoor Flea Fighting Tips
- Trim Trees and Shrubs – Fleas are generally brought into your yard by rodents, so it’s important to limit the number of hiding places and breeding grounds on your property. Trimming your trees and shrubs can go a long way toward keeping flea-carrying rodents out of your yard.
- Close Off Potential Nesting Areas – Another important step you can take to keep rodents off your property is to close off any nesting areas like crawl spaces or the area under your porch. Sealing these areas further limits rodent breeding grounds and stops them from spreading fleas.
Our Proven Flea Control in Lancaster
When you choose our professional flea control, you’ll get comprehensive treatments that fight adult fleas and flea larvae. It’s protection you can trust. We offer our proven flea control to our neighbors located throughout the following communities:
- And throughout the surrounding areas
For flea control in Lancaster, contact us today!