Flea infestations are a pain. And while many think that these pests only target their pets, they can also feed on humans and other animals, giving you more reasons to take action against them. However, fending off these pests and keeping them out on your own can be tough. Want to skip the hassle and stress of fighting fleas on your own? Choose Mosquito Hunters™, Marion’s local flea control experts. With our proven treatments and our flea-fighting tips below, we’ll help you fight fleas and prevent them from taking over your indoor and outdoor spaces in the future.
Tips for Fighting Fleas
Indoor Flea Prevention
- Bathe Your Pets Often – When fleas target your pets, they generally hide out in their fur. Bathing your pets consistently can help you protect them from these harmful insects, keeping them healthier and happier. However, because pets have unique needs concerning grooming, consult a veterinarian before establishing a grooming schedule.
- Vacuum Regularly – Because of their small size, fleas can easily nest in your home’s rugs, carpets, and other textiles. By vacuuming on a regular basis, you can effectively address any lingering fleas and prevent them from spreading throughout your indoor areas.
Outdoor Flea Prevention
- Seal Off Hiding Places – Rodent infestations are generally the cause of a flea presence in your home’s outdoor spaces, which is why it’s important to limit potential hiding and breeding places for these animals. Blocking crawlspaces and other possible breeding grounds helps you reduce rodent activity and keep fleas at bay.
- Mow Overgrown Grass – Tall grass can also give rodents places to hide and breed, which is just one reason to mow regularly. However, make sure to cut grass to a height long enough for your grass to stay healthy.
Our Approach to Flea Control in Marion
When you work with our team at Mosquito Hunters, you’ll get access to a comprehensive treatment plan designed to bring dependable results with every visit. With our advanced products and our proven approach, we’ll help you fend off fleas and prevent them from coming back.
We offer proven flea control solutions to our neighbors located in these communities:
- Iowa City
- North Liberty
- Mount Vernon
- And throughout the surrounding areas
For flea control in Marion, contact us today!