Fleas are a pain to have around. These invasive pests feed on your blood and your pets’ blood too. They can also be tough to get rid of once they have set up residence on your property. To help you fend off these harmful insects and prevent them from invading your home in the future, we’ll go through a few helpful tips below. With our comprehensive flea control in the Glenview, IL, area, we make short work of these pests and help you feel more comfortable in your indoor and outdoor spaces.
Essential Tips for Fighting Fleas
Indoor Flea Fighting Tips
- Vacuum Often – Because of their small size, fleas have no trouble taking shelter in your textiles. Vacuuming on a regular basis helps you address any fleas that are hanging out in your rugs, carpets, or furniture.
- Groom Your Pets – Fleas often target pets. Thankfully, grooming your pets can do more than just keep them looking and smelling their best – it can also protect them from fleas. Add combing for fleas to your pet’s grooming routine for added protection.
- Wash Your Pets’ Bedding – Along with hanging out on your pets, fleas can often be found on pet bedding. Simply tossing your pets’ bedding in the washer in the hottest setting can help eliminate lingering fleas.
Outdoor Flea Fighting Tips
- Trim Trees and Shrubs – Fleas are often carried into your yard by rodents, which is why it’s important to limit the number of places these animals have to hide and breed. Trimming your trees and shrubs removes potential hiding places, helping you prevent fleas from moving in.
- Mow 24-48 Hours After Flea Treatments – Our treatments cause fleas to jump up on the surface of your lawn and onto the treated areas. Mowing 24-48 hours after our team treats your lawn helps you clear away these pests.
Our Proven Flea Control in Glenview
Working with us means getting flea control solutions you can trust. Our treatments fight both adult fleas and flea larvae to bring you lasting protection. We offer our flea control service to our neighbors located in these areas:
For flea control in Glenview, contact us today!