Flea infestations are a pain. These harmful insects can infiltrate your home and feed on you and your pets, making it tough to feel comfortable in your home’s indoor or outdoor spaces. There are several precautions you can take to fight off fleas and lessen the chance of future infestations. We’ll take a closer look at some of these steps below and review how our comprehensive flea control makes short work of these pests in the Fort Myers, FL, area.
Essential Tips for Fighting Fleas
Indoor Flea Fighting Tips
- Vacuum Often – Because of how small fleas are, they have no trouble hiding in carpeting, furniture fabric, and other textiles. Vacuuming your house on a regular basis can help you prevent fleas from sticking around in your indoor spaces.
- Groom Your Pets – If fleas are inside your home, they were likely brought in by your pets. Pets are often targets for fleas, which is why it’s important to groom them often. For your pets’ ideal grooming schedule, make sure to consult a vet.
- Wash Your Pets’ Bedding – If fleas are on your pets, they also have a good chance of being on your pets’ bedding. To get rid of these insects, just toss your pets’ bedding in the washer on the hottest setting.
Outdoor Flea Fighting Tips
- Trim Trees and Shrubs – Fleas are generally brought into your outdoor spaces by rodents. Regularly trimming back the foliage in your yard can help minimize hiding places and breeding grounds for rodents, preventing them from growing their populations and spreading fleas.
- Mow 24-48 Hours After Flea Treatments – Our flea control treatments cause fleas to jump up and land on the areas we’ve treated. Mowing a day or two after our treatments helps you clear these pests away.
Our Proven Flea Control in Fort Myers
Choosing our professional flea control means getting results you can depend on with every visit. Our top-notch products effectively fight fleas at every stage of their life cycle, bringing you comprehensive protection. We offer proven flea control services to our neighbors located throughout the following areas:
- Fort Myers
- Cape Coral
- North Fort Myers
- Fort Myers Beach
- Pine Island
- Saint James City
- Bonita Springs
- And throughout the surrounding communities
For flea control in Fort Myers, contact us today!