Flea infestations are a pain. These invasive pests can feed on you and your pets, causing allergic reactions and delivering itchy, irritating bites. Because of their small size and ability to jump over 100 times their body length, these insects can be tough to take on by yourself. The first step towards preventing fleas from getting onto your pets and into your home is to address outdoor infestations. Below, we’ll highlight a few flea prevention tips and how our comprehensive flea control helps Muskegon, MI, residents fight fleas and keep them out.
Essential Flea Fighting Tips
Outdoor Flea Fighting Tips
- Remove Debris – Rodents are usually responsible for bringing fleas onto your property. These animals can hide in several places in your yard, including in piles of debris or leaf litter. Cleaning up leaves and debris on your property can help you avoid rodent infestations and lower the activity of a long list of different pests.
- Mow 24 – 48 Hours After Treatment – The flea control treatments we apply cause fleas to jump up and land on the affected surfaces. Because of how these treatments work, it’s important to mow your grass shortly after our treatments. Mowing 24 – 48 hours post-treatment will clear away these pests after our treatments have already addressed them.
Indoor Flea Fighting Tips
- Bathe Your Pets – Pets are common targets for fleas, so taking precautions to protect your pets from them is important for the health and happiness of your pet. Bathing your pets regularly and using a flea comb for your short-haired pets can go a long way toward keeping fleas off them.
- Wash Your Pets’ Bedding – Because fleas commonly go after pets, it’s not uncommon for them to end up on your furry friends’ bedding. Washing and drying your pets’ bedding on the hottest settings eliminates lingering fleas and prevents them from feeding on your four-legged family members.
Our Professional Flea Control in Muskegon
Choosing our professional flea control means working with industry pros. To bring you protection you can depend on with every visit, our team uses comprehensive treatments and products that fight fleas at their larval and adult stages.
We offer proven flea control treatments to our neighbors in these areas:
- Grand Haven
- And throughout the surrounding communities
For flea control in Muskegon, contact us today!