When fleas get into your home, they can be tough to get out. And if flea populations creep into your home’s outdoor areas and are left unaddressed, it’s usually just a matter of time before they make their way into your home. Taking key precautions is essential to keeping fleas out of your indoor and outdoor spaces. Below, we’ll highlight a few helpful prevention tips and go through how our professional flea control helps Smithtown, NY, residents fend off these pests.
Tips for Fighting Fleas
Indoor Flea Prevention
- Bathe Your Pets Often – When fleas attack your pets, which is likely if these insects are on your property, they hide out in their fur. Eliminating these pests and preventing them from causing your pets grief can be accomplished by getting them on a regular grooming schedule. Consult a vet to determine the ideal grooming schedule for your pets’ specific needs.
- Vacuum Regularly – Because of their small size, fleas can hide in your home’s fabrics, carpets, and textiles. Vacuuming can help you keep flea infestations from popping up in your home, helping you and your pets stay comfortable while indoors.
Outdoor Flea Prevention
- Seal Off Hiding Places – Fleas generally make their way into your outdoor spaces hidden in the fur of invading rodents. To prevent rodents from creeping into your yard and establishing breeding grounds, seal off potential hiding spots like crawlspaces and the spaces under your deck or porch.
- Mow Overgrown Grass – Overgrown grass is another common hiding place for flea-carrying rodents, which is just one of the reasons why it’s important to mow on a regular basis. However, different types of grass have different needs, so make sure you’re mowing to a healthy height.
Our Approach to Flea Control in Smithtown
Choosing our proven flea control means working with pest control experts who utilize a proven system to fight these pests. With our advanced products and our comprehensive approach, we’ll help you fend off fleas and keep them out.
We offer our top-notch flea control solutions to homeowners and businesses in these areas:
- Huntington Station
- And throughout the surrounding communities
For flea control in Smithtown, contact us today!