Fleas are a major problem for homes and businesses in the area. These pests are transferred to local properties by mice and other animals, and once they settle in your yard, they can quickly make their way inside your home. To avoid dealing with this dangerous and annoying threat, Mosquito Hunters™ provides expert flea control for Lake Charles residents.
What You Need to Know About Fleas
With over 2,500 species in the world and 300 in North America, fleas are much more common than you might realize. The most common variety in the Lake Charles region is the ‘cat flea’ which is not exclusive to cats. These pests can be found on mice, birds, dogs, and wild animals as well. If you have pets around your home, taking care of flea issues is important. Flea bites can infect your precious furry friends with tapeworms and even cause anemia.
For humans, fleas present a very annoying nuisance. They can jump over 150x their body length and have a thirst for blood. This often leads to itchy and irritating bites up and down your exposed skin — and if you can’t get the fleas to go away, those bites will keep coming.
About Our Flea Control Service in Lake Charles
Our Technicians have years of experience eradicating flea issues from local properties. There are several key elements to our success. First, we focus on keeping mice and other feral animals away, reducing the chances of further flea-spreading. We also conduct inspections to find and remove breeding habitats. With only 5% of fleas existing in adult form at any time, it’s vital to target the other 95% of eggs, pupae, and larvae.
The most important element of our successful flea control is our powerful barrier treatments. We use an exclusive product to knock out existing fleas and prevent them from multiplying. This treatment remains effective for weeks at a time, so with ongoing updates we can deliver guaranteed relief.
How You Can Help Control Fleas
To help boost the effectiveness of our service, we advise you to clear your lawn of debris and make sure it is properly mowed before our visit. Also, if you have pets, talk to your vet about the ideal flea prevention treatments. Once you get your pets on flea prevention, be sure to keep them on it!
Get Started with Flea Control Today
Mosquito Hunters is here to deliver professional flea control for residents and businesses in Lake Charles, Sulphur, Westlake, Dequincy, Iowa, LA, and the surrounding areas. To discover more details about our expert service, contact us today.