Fleas are a pain to deal with when they infiltrate your home. And though having pets increases your likelihood of coming across these insects, they can still get in even if you don’t have pets. Because of this, it’s essential to take preventative measures to keep fleas at bay. Below, we’ll highlight a few key tips for fighting fleas both inside and outside of your house. With these tips and our comprehensive flea control in the Denver, CO, area, you can leave your flea worries behind.
Essential Tips for Fighting Fleas
Indoor Flea Fighting Tips
- Vacuum Often – Fleas can live all over the place, including in your carpets and furniture, which is why it’s important to vacuum them often. Vacuuming often and keeping your home cleaner helps eliminate any wandering fleas that have settled in your fabrics and textiles.
- Groom Your Pets – Pets are often vehicles for fleas into your home. Bathing your pets on a regular basis helps to keep them free of fleas, keeping them healthier and happier while also preventing you from dealing with a flea infestation.
- Wash Your Pets’ Bedding – Along with your pets’ fur, fleas can be found on their bedding. To address any fleas hanging out on your pets’ bedding, make sure to wash it often on the hottest setting.
Outdoor Flea Fighting Tips
- Trim Trees and Shrubs – Overgrown trees and shrubs provide the perfect cover for fleas. Regularly trimming the foliage in your yard gives fleas and the animals that carry them fewer places to hide.
- Mow 24-48 Hours After Flea Treatments – Our flea control treatments cause fleas to jump up and land on the treated areas, bringing them to the top layer of your lawn. Mowing 24-48 hours after treatment gets these pests off your lawn’s surface.
- Close-Off Potential Nesting Areas – Crawl spaces and other open areas can become breeding grounds for the animals that carry fleas. Closing these areas off can go a long way toward helping you avoid an infestation.
Our Proven Flea Control in Denver
Working with us means getting comprehensive flea control solutions designed to target fleas at every stage of their life cycle and bring you lasting protection. We offer proven flea control to our neighbors in these areas:
- And throughout the surrounding communities
For flea control in Denver, contact us today!