At Mosquito Hunters™, we strive to keep families in Huntersville protected against pest-borne illnesses. To do that, we offer both mosquito prevention and tick prevention services. As the two most common vectors for pest-borne disease in North Carolina, it’s important to protect your family against these dangerous parasites.
While ticks are less noticeable than mosquitoes, families should understand the risks posed by these bloodsucking critters. Without tick prevention, you could be risking tick-borne disease whenever you use your backyard.
Why Invest in Tick Prevention in Huntersville?
Ticks are notorious for spreading disease, resulting in tens of thousands of hospitalizations in the U.S. each year. A single tick bite can result in a serious illness for pets or family members. So it’s important that families in Huntersville protect themselves against these tiny, eight-legged pests.
Here’s a quick look at why it’s important to invest in tick control:
- Ticks can be found in any grassy, bushy, or wooded area. In many cases, tick bites occur on the victim’s property, in areas like backyards or gardens.
- When ticks bite their victims, they will sometimes secrete a natural anesthetic. As a result, the victim never feels the tick bite, allowing the tick to feed unnoticed.
- Approximately 50,000 cases of tick-borne illness occur in the U.S. each year. The vast majority of these cases have the potential for severe symptoms.
- According to a report by the CDC in 2019, rates of tick-borne illness have been increasing in the U.S. for more than a decade.
- Certain types of tick-borne illness are more common in different regions. In North Carolina, the two most common types of tick-borne illness are Spotted Fever Rickettsiosis and Ehrlichiosis.
Tick Control Made Easy With Mosquito Hunters
Mosquito Hunters makes tick prevention easy for families in the Huntersville area.
Our treatments use an active ingredient derived from chrysanthemum flowers. This ingredient is lethal to ticks, but virtually undetectable to people and pets. In fact, you’ll find the same ingredient in anti-lice shampoos and pet shampoos.
To prevent ticks, we apply regular barrier treatments to the perimeter of your property. This creates a defensive barrier that kills ticks when they try to enter your yard. Each barrier treatment lasts for three weeks, so we recommend routine treatments every 21 days during tick season.
Our tick prevention services are available throughout Huntersville and the surrounding area, and are provided to residential, commercial, and public properties. Our service area includes:
- Sherrills Ford
- Lake Norman
- Plaza Midwood
- Myers Park
- And the surrounding area
For tick prevention in Huntersville, contact Mosquito Hunters today!Back